Ferrets are cute and supple looking creatures that make easy pets, and moreover they are loved by their owners from the hilt. But, do you really know that ferrets have unique smell associated with them. This strong skin odor makes them stand different from the crowd. The odor is the result of oil secreted from their skin, and protects him/her from dryness. And if you are bathing your ferret quite often, then it is quite natural that you’d be draining the oil away from your it’s skin. Irrespective of the fact that you clean the ferret cage for number of times, this unique and sharp odor remains in the cage and your ferret’s skin.
There’s absolutely no doubt that they are good and adorable pets to give you the company and enjoyment, the occurrence of very unique smell in the ferret’s skin keep the pet owners away from them. Therefore, the real tussle is to educate and learn yourself on how to stay with such unique smell, and also on how to live with the ferrets scent. Here is the list of to-do things that you should consider on priority while warding off the ferret’s scent:
• You should associate with the unique ferret’s scent that he/she possesses. Remember, it is the natural odor that is unique to every ferret, and you have to learn to live with this odor.
• Give potty training to your ferret, as in this manner you can lessen the intensity of smell coming from your ferret’s skin. Potty training can be started by making use of litter boxes and trays. If you fail in potty training your ferret, the result would be -Filthy Ferret Cage with Obnoxious Odor. Are you ready to take on this?
• Create a comfortable and hygienic environment in and around the ferret’s cage. Wash the objects/utensils inside the ferret cage as frequently as you can. Further, all he basic essentials like food, fresh water etc. should also be provided inside the ferret’s cage.
• You should also regularly and habitually clean ferrets bed, accessories and cage. Doing so will reduce the body odor of your ferret. You can also use lukewarm water and skin-friendly detergents for the job.
Here are some of the educative steps that you as an ardent ferret owner should religiously follow:
• Be explorative and grab as much information about the ferret s possible. Keep reading about different aspects of ferret’s health. The more you explore the more knowledgeable you become about your ferret’s health.
• Clean and wash your ferrets’ skin with ferret shampoo. Give your ferret frequent washes, but too much of bathing results in over secretion of the oil. And this further makes the skin odor pungent.
Ferret’s natural skin odor is the means to protect him/her from the external pathogens. But, the odor becomes unbearable for the pet owners inside the home. Therefore, following the above described guidelines will not only ensure good and refreshing atmosphere in your home, but also give your ferret a healthy atmosphere to breathe.